Nov 12, 2011, 10:37 pm
The NorthStars lost on the road tonight by a score of 7 - 6 to the Kapuskasing Flyers. The Flyers scored 4 power play goals to the NorthStars 3. The NorthStars went down 2 - 0 then tied it up at 2 before the end of the first frame, then went down by score of 5 - 3 at the end of the second at one point during the second the Stars were ahead 3 - 2. Soon into the third the Flyers scored to make it 6 - 3 but the NorthStars refused to give up and stormed back to tie it at 6, which set the stage for overtime, but the flyers scored at the 3:35 mark to take the win.
Brian Kment started in goal but was replaced by Jacob Kment.
Scoring for the NorthStars were:
1. Jaren Bellini from Jack MacLeod and Michael Caruso at 4:47 of the first period on the power play.
2. Jaren Bellini from Anthony Stefano and Brandon Grandinetti at 1:04 of the first period on the power play.
3. Anthony Stefano from Nick Trecroce at 5:40 of the second period.
4. Michael Amadio unassisted at 18:22 of the third period.
5. Michael Caruso from Jack MacLeod and Ryan Vendramin at 13:36 of the third period on the power play.
6. Michael Amadio from Jack MacLeod and Ryan Vendramin at 3:02 of the third period.
The next action for the NorthStars is Sunday at 1:00pm here in Kapuskasing for game two against the Flyers on the road.